Subject: Re: [opendocument-users] Re: How to interpret thedefault-cell-style-name attribute in spreadsheets

Hi Stefan, Niklas,

The example given by Stefan looks to me as if it would go right down to
the core of this particular issue.

I agree, that 8.1 implies, that both fragments given in the example
should render the same. However, from what Niklas has told me, they
should not - as the intention was that @dcsn not be applied to omitted
cells.

The term "are basically rendered" is sub-optimal anyway for a
specification. Either the row is rendered that way or it is not.
Obviously, as far as @dcsn is considered the original intention was that
"a row is rendered as if had necessary number of cells, except that
@default-cell-style-name is not applied to such cells"

As Stefan noted in his post to the od-users list, this creates an
exception. Again, from what I have heard from Niklas, I take, that this
exception was intended. If that is the case, it should be clearly
documented in the spec - although, such exception should be kept to a
minimum. I take that there were specific requirements, that led to the
creation of this exception.

Bests
/lars

--
Lars Oppermann <lars.oppermann@sun.com>               Sun Microsystems
Software Engineer - StarOffice                           Sachsenfeld 4