Subject: RE: [opendocument-users] merging xml subdocuments

I think the single file is meant to be a standalone XML document.

OpenOffice.org 2.0 will produce such a thing, but you have to install a
dummy import/export filter to make it work.  I passed on that the last time
I tried because I didn't have Java installed and it required it.  I'm not
sure on what discussion list or forum I found the tip for that.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Carrera [mailto:daniel.carrera@zmsl.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2006 01:39
To: opendocument-users@lists.oasis-open.org

Hmmm... although the spec is clear about how to create a single XML, it
certainly isn't clear about naming conventions and the like.

Yes, to create a single XML all you have to do is put all the contents of
styles.xml, meta.xml, content.xml and settings.xml all in one file and wrap
them around <office:document> tags. But the spec says nothing about whether
you can use this in the zip file or what name it should have. My current
interpretation is that the single XML file is only intended for an
application's internal processing and not as a final mode of storage.

Hmmm.... :(

Maybe someone else can comment and clarify.

Cheers,
Daniel.

--
http://opendocumentfellowship.org
  "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the