Subject: Info and comments needed for article on OpenDocument traps

Greetings,

I've been asked to write an article on an issue which I signalled here
last spring: "Opendocument hidden traps"

By traps I mean that Microsoft *will* move to Opendocument eventually,
but the standard is open to ways for them to keep a monopoly even in
an ODF world. For example, per the specs it seems legal to put images,
macros and other stuff in proprietary formats inside odX files. So one
would have a perfectly Free as in Freedom container full of
patent-ridden components....

Of course, this is not a problem with the standard itself, which
cannot and should not try to impose everything. It's a problem that
must be solved in another way. I have already started to research this
myself. What I would like to know from all list members is:

* any area or way for people to place proprietary stuff inside a
perfectly "legal" (spec wise) ISO26300 file, just in case I forget
something. Right now, if I'm correct, the list includes:

	fonts
	images
	audio
	macros
	what else?

* if you have already seen this happening: where, how, why...

Thank you in advance any feedback,

	Marco

--
The right way to make everybody love Free Standards and Free Software:
http://digifreedom.net/node/73