Subject: Re: [opendocument-users] RE: Foreign elements and attributes

"jose lorenzo" wrote

> [Keeping in mind I just tuned in to this conversation when it was carried
> over to this list a few days back...]
>
> I agree with what Jesper Lund Stocholm said on the 2nd of March, namely,
> that foreign attributes can allow arbitrary extensions just as easily as
> can foreign elements.

Yes, and this was a point I made too. See
http://broadcast.oreilly.com/2009/02/modus---minimum-open-documents.html

I made this after conversation with at least member of the ODF TC who
indicated that the problem was in trying to keep a tight reign that would
prevent any extensions.

However, after making that post, another member of the ODF TC seemed to
suggest that this was not in fact the requirement.

We can post till the cows come home, but unless the requirement is made
explicit, we cannot acclaim which solution is appropriate.

Cheers
Rick