Subject: RE: [opendocument-users] Hello, new to the list

Hey John,

Thanks for coming to the opendocument-users list.

This list is pretty quiet, as you can see from the archive.

But this may still be a pretty good place.

There is also another (mainly quiet) OpenDocumentXML.org forum and a
still-young OASIS ODF Interoperability and Conformance (OIC) TC that may
interest you.  You can find out more about both at
<http://wiki.oasis-open.org/oic/OpenDocumentXML.org>.  There is also an
OpenDocument Format Adoption TC
<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/odf-adoption>.  Both OIC and
odf-adoption have comment lists that you can subscribe to and contribute
through.

I'm not sure any of these TCs is perfectly aligned with your particular
quest, in that we do not assess implementations.  On the other hand, the OIC
is particularly interested in learning the answers to the same questions
(without profiling individual applications) in determining what the
interoperability sweet spots are and where in the ODF features there is poor
support or problematic use in interoperable situations.  The idea is to
arrive at guidelines as well as test descriptions for assessing conformance
and for achieving interoperability.

I encourage you to look around among the multiple efforts and see which one
aligns best with your purposes.

I recall when the RFPC was announced.  Thank you for providing the results
of the workgroup.  Has an Electronic Records Committee been established?

Regards,

 - Dennis

Dennis E. Hamilton
NuovoDoc: Design for Document System Interoperability
mailto:Dennis.Hamilton@acm.org | gsm:+1-206.779.9430
http://NuovoDoc.com http://ODMA.info/dev/ http://nfoWorks.org