Subject: Re: [opendocument-users] New question (2): Reference implementation?

2009/5/18 Cody, John (OFT) <John.Cody@oft.state.ny.us>:
> Rob:
>
> If you will indulge me just for a brief discussion here, I would like to hear the reasoning.
I've never seen logical reasoning on such matters from Rob.
If it keeps Oasis happy and meets his needs, that seems to suffice.
I spent a month or more looking at conformance and concluded that ODF is not
a verifiable standard, so a reference implementation by any reasonable
definition
is a non-starter.

> The conclusions are presented so affirmatively as to exclude any possible alternative interpretation.  As such, I am presuming there is case law supporting the irrefutable conclusion, or other legal support (e.g. statutory definitions of reference implementations, or something of the like).

That's Robs way of working.

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.