Subject: RE: [opendocument-users] simple OO.org document goes awry in MS Office 2007 w/SP2 - what went wrong?

John,

There is also a new on-line ODF validator that you could try.  It will only
find certain things in your document format and not know what does or does
not render properly.

I suggest it as an useful experiment.

<http://www.probatron.org:8080/officeotron/officeotron.html>

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Cody, John (OFT) [mailto:John.Cody@cio.ny.gov]
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2009 14:22
To: opendocument-users@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [opendocument-users] simple OO.org document goes awry in MS
Office 2007 w/SP2 - what went wrong?

Dennis:

Thank you for your generous offer to inspect the document itself.  Jan
Wildeboer made me the same offer.  Unfortunately it is a draft document that
can't be shared with the public yet.  I think what I will do is, once it is
shared with the public, I will ask the public for any suggestions on how the
document might have been better constructed in OO.org.

Yes, I saved it as a 1.1 document.

I haven't tried opening it in OO.org 2.4.  I no longer have OO.org 2.4 at my
workstation but I may try that elsewhere.

Thanks for the pointer to the ODF Interoperability and Conformance TC
oic-comment list.  Once the document is sharable I will try to remember to
submit a copy there.

Thanks, JC

John C. Cody, Associate Counsel
Office of the NYS Chief Information Officer/NYS Office for Technology
http://www.cio.ny.gov
[The statements expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect
the policies, practices or opinions of my employer or anyone else.  Nothing
herein constitutes legal advice - if you need legal advice, please consult
your own attorney.]