Subject: RE: [opendocument-users] simple OO.org document goes awry in MS Office 2007 w/SP2 - what went wrong?

Jan

> I would not use whatever validator. The proven one, used also by quite
> some developers lives at odftoolkit.org.

As the developer of the new Office-o-tron validator that you're advising against using, I'd be interested to know in what sense you judge the odftoolkit.org validator "proven"?

Are you aware that the odftoolkit.org has special-casing code to ignore certain faults in documents produced by OpenOffice.org? (See for example from lines 55 and 79 at http://is.gd/13dM8 ). The full list of such changes is at http://is.gd/13dYp  .

The Office-o-tron validator is written to carry out a "pure" validation without favouring any particular implementation. You can see the source at:

http://code.google.com/p/officeotron/source/browse/#svn/trunk/src/org/probatron/officeotron

Comments on this are welcome!

- Alex.