Subject: Re: [opendocument-users] simple OO.org document goes awry in MS Office 2007 w/SP2 - what went wrong?

Alex Brown wrote:
> However, Michiel did manage to get the online validator out of me :-)
>
> Currently my validator is not very exciting: how many ways can you
> say "get a document, get a schema, apply one to the other"? More
> exciting stuff will come along later ...

One feature I am really looking for is a validator that doesn't spit out
incomprehensible errors to a user. You can't really throw XML exceptions
and regular end users. You'd only frighten them and scare them away :-)

Michiel forwarded me your tool shortly before the plugfest but I haven't
checked it out yet. I will do so soon. Also, at the plugfest I met the
people from the Cyclone3 validator. They claim to give more humane error
messages but I haven't checked that one out either yet.

--
Sander Marechal