Subject: Re: [opendocument-users] simple OO.org document goes awry in MS Office 2007 w/SP2 - what went wrong?

Marbux,

Polemics aside - the Plugfest idea is not unique. Look up "NFS
Connectathon".

Interoperability is not a given thing. It needs work, communication and
support.

The standard will never answer all questions. And if it would, it wouldn't
help innovation.

It's a delicate balance. It is not black and white.

Jan
--
Jan H Wildeboer          |
EMEA Open Source Affairs | Office: +49 (0)89 205071-207

Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Otto-Hahn-Strasse 20, 85609 Dornach bei Muenchen
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 153243
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Brendan Lane,Charlie Peters,Michael Cunningham,
Charles Cachera