Subject: Re: [opendocument-users] simple OO.org document goes awry in MS Office 2007 w/SP2 - what went wrong?

robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> What would be cooler and more robust would be if the document instance
> itself (or maybe the schema) declared which elements and attribute values
> contained "user content" as compared to things like font names or ID's.
> Knowing this would be useful in translation...

It seems Michiel Leenaars thought along the same line as you. Apparently
the ODF2XLIFF guys already have such a mapping. He sent them an email
asking whether ODS2XLIFF and/or XLIFF2ODF can be re-used to anonymize
documents. Instead of splicing in translated content, splice in Lorum
Ipsum instead :-)

That still leaves images and OLE and such things, but those should not
be so hard to handle. You can replace imgaes with dynamically generated
images of the same sice and file format. I'd have to look at OLE a bit
closer, but since you can't really know what's in there it may be best
to just drop them instead (at least unknown OLE objects).

--
Sander