Subject: RE: [opendocument-users] Implementor notes

Sander, some additional information related to this thread:

 1. Something like this is being done on the OIC TC by putting the ODF 1.1
specification up on a Wiki.  Some initial fragments can be seen at
<http://wiki.oasis-open.org/oic/SpecAnalysis>.  The design is intended to
support linking to separate annotation pages that address matters of concern
to the ODF Interoperability and Conformance (OIC) TC.

 2. It seems to me that the reorganization undertaken in ODF 1.2 Part 1 is
so massive that it is unlikely to be able to preserve the structure
(relative URLs and fragment IDs).  In particular, attributes are no longer
described in-line with the elements that have them and there are no schema
fragments in the ODF 1.2 Part 1 text.  (The Wiki is HTML 4.01, according to
the link on the bottom of every page.)

 3. Although the OIC ODF 1.1 anchors are systematic, I would not claim them
to be easily predictable.  The good news is that every section, paragraph,
un-numbered subsection, list item, image, and schema fragment has a
commenting, making web-organized implementation notes, etc.  (I had my eye
on that specific application when I experimented with ways to move ODF 1.1
to the OIC Wiki.)

 4. When there is a stable-enough 1.2 specification, there might be ways to
cross-reference between the on-line 1.1 and an on-line 1.2 so that one can
trace the treatment of a feature in one to its treatment in the other.  It
feels too soon to start anything like that.