Subject: Re: [opendocument-users] simple OO.org document goes awry in MS Office 2007 w/SP2 - what went wrong?

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 2:07 AM, Michael Stahl<Michael.Stahl@sun.com> wrote:
> hi Paul,
>
> marbux wrote:

> regrettably, i can't find a online HTML version of ODF 1.0.
> for ODF 1.1, see this link:
>
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.1/OS/OpenDocument-v1.1-html/OpenDocument-v1.1.html#outline:4.3.Lists
>
> especially 4.3.1 List Block and 4.3.4 Numbered Paragraphs.
> (in ODF 1.0, these also exist at the same position)
>
> (given that your entire argument rests on this misunderstanding, and it
> seems you can't even be bothered verify this simple fact yourself, i will
> now end this conversation; i've got work to do...)

Why am I not surprised that a Sun representative simply ignores my
business process chain use case and declares a retreat rather than
addressing it? Perhaps because Sun (and KDE) did the same when I
raised that use case while I was still on the TC?

My "entire argument rests on this misunderstanding?" Fast rewrite of
history there, Michael. The spec was ambiguous as I said and the
ambiguity was blessed by the ODF TC in the form of its adoption of the
KDE-Sun proposal for ODF 1.2.  Interop be damned. That proposal had
nothing to do with interop, as I said.

Best regards,

Paul

--