Subject: Fixing corrupted odt

Hi all

One of our users has managed (in an undocumented process ;) ) to corrupt an important document. While unzip of various guises works i.e. we can acquire content.xml and other elements, much of the importance of the document was related to its layout which is harder to acquire. Are there any tools that can be used to fix the file or identify the issues causing the problem?

Notes: created in OpenOffice 3.x (probably .1) and worked on in 3.1 (and nothing else as far as is known). OpenOffice reports "Error reading file" with no additional information. KOffice reports "The file <filename>.odt is a binary, saving it will result in a corrupt file." Googledocs struggles on for about 10 minutes then reports "We encountered an error converting your file. Sorry, that file is corrupt, or an unknown format."

All suggestions welcome...

Regards

Chris

--