Subject: Re: [opendocument-users] Fixing corrupted odt

Well, some one on one investigation did get it was suddenly on opening as in before lunch it was fine, now it isn't; and some suggestion of it starting after multiple users had been involved in amending sections.

Structured content has been recovered using Zimbra's "view attachment as HTML" (begging the question of what on earth are they using to render it) and cut and paste into a new template with the resulting doc being fine.

No graphics other than corporate logo which is part of the template (from which many and more complex documents have been created). If it is relevant, the template was originally generated in OpenOffice 2.4 from clean and uses completely custom styles in a lovely (even though I say so myself :) ) heirarchy.

I have run content.xml through a parser (xmllint) against ODF1.1 and ODF1.2 draft (as the generator was OpenOffice 3.1). Both generate errors, and different ones. I'm not at the computer I did the work on, but recall the errors against 1.2 draft as being something like "element p has illegal part "text"" or similar, and for sure it was full of <p:text>  - too many to consider deleting for sure. Disclaimer: me and XML are not friends and I may well have misunderstood one or more instructions...

@Rob: while the tender writing chaps were predictably unwilling to part with the document right now, they think that after they have won/lost some time next week they would be willing for you to have a look.

Chris