Subject: Re: [opendocument-users] Adding tables to ODP files

marbux scripsit:
> On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 9:51 PM, John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org> wrote:
> > marbux scripsit:
> >
> > Why should he?  His objection was not substantive, it was *forum non
> > conveniens*.
>
> That and the ad hominem attack. I agree he had no substantive points.

And as you know very well, procedural objections must be answered before
substantive points can be properly raised.  Unless the argument of *forum
non conveniens* ("inappropriate forum" for the non-lawyers) is met, any
substantive argumentation however festooned with references is indeed
a rant; that is, it is mere declamation, not argument to be answered.
I have seen nothing from you that would prove that this list is in fact
an appropriate forum.

> > What a pity your record did not remain unbroken!
>
> I shed many a tear for leaving you feeling lonely, but a fellow
> sometimes has to get some work done.  :-)

One of us is confused, but I don't know if it's you or me.

--
John Cowan  <cowan@ccil.org>  http://ccil.org/~cowan
Micropayment advocates mistakenly believe that efficient allocation of