Subject: Re: [opendocument-users] extracting the text from an opendocument file

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Vincenzo Morgante <enzom83@yahoo.it> wrote:

Could I follow the old OpenDocument 1.0 specifications without any problems or would it be expedient to follow the newer specifications?
In other words, if I follow the old OpenDocument 1.0 specifications, could I fall into problems in reading a file of the newer versions with regard to the text extraction?

Check the differences in ordered list handling between  ODF 1.2 and the earlier versions. Last I heard, 1.2 breaks compatibility with the earlier versions in this respect.

Paul

--
Universal Interoperability Council
<http:www.universal-interop-council.org>