Subject: Re: [opendocument-users] Automated link checking

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 1:02 AM, Chris Puttick
<chris.puttick@thehumanjourney.net> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does anyone know of an automated link checker for ODF files?

Hi, Chris,

I don't know of one and I've looked. What I do is to export from
OOoWriter to vanilla HTML, then run the HTML against KLinkStatus
0.3.2, a client-side Linux app from KDE. It integrates with the Quanta
Plus text editor. So my drill is: [i] find the bad links with
KLinkStatus; [ii] for each bad link, hit the Copy URL option; [iii]
paste to the Quanta Find dialog to find each location in the HTML file
where the bad URL is located; and [iv] switch to OOWriter with the
focus in the ODT file to navigate to each such location and deal with
the broken link(s). Speeds the task a bit if you're dealing with  a
large document to copy some nearby text in Quanta and search for it in
OOoWriter

Far less than an ideal method, but depending on how many broken links
you have to deal with, might work for you too.

Best regards,

Paul

--
Universal Interoperability Council