Subject: RE: [opendocument-users] Storing form data in ODT/F

Chris,

> Is it possible for ODF to store enough information to create forms that include drop-down boxes or combo-boxes?

Yes.

> OpenOffice 3 cannot AFAICT, but is it an OpenOffice limitation or an ODF limitation? I know OpenOffice 2 could do
> drop down lists, but OO3 seems to want a DB registered, which seems to mean the forms are not portable in a
> useful way.

Hmz, it should be possible in OOo 3 as well, using a "value-list" and separating values by ; or something.

> If ODF can store options for a drop down (we only need 6 for the current purpose...) can someone point to the
> correct syntax for doing this?

Are you using a library to generate the documents ? Or just OOo ?

Using ODF 1.1, once can go for XForms, or use more 'classic html-like' forms:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.1/OpenDocument-v1.1.html

(section 11.3.10 and 11.5.22, don't let the title "Database Binding Attributes" misguide you, the "List Source Type"
section explains that a database is not always necessary)

I think it should be something like this, perhaps you also have to add current-value attributes / selected etc...

<form:listbox form:dropdown="true" form:list-source-type="value-list">
   <form:option form:value="1">1</form:option>
   <form:option form:value="2">2</form:option>
   <form:option form:value="3">3</form:option>
</form:listbox>

But do note that not all ODF-implementations support forms, and OOo may not show the form control if the
form:control-implementation (11.4.2) attribute is missing

Best regards

Bart