Subject: Corrupted (?) Base file

Hi all

A colleague was using OpenOffice 2.2/3 to enter data into an OpenDocument Base DB of her own creation (recording data from an examination of charcoal recovered from a Pompeii excavation!). It seemed to be working until she next opened it - except opening it is not so easy. I can open it in both OpenOffice 2.2 and LibreOffice 2.3 - but I try to use the form or look at the tables it crashes. I tried unzipping the file to see if there was anything obvious (to my little brain!) and the ./database/data file is 0 bytes, but there is a "backup" file which seems to have some data in it.

Is there any way to get the data out? She was doing the gathering and data input in real time, so retrieving the data is quite important to her. Any clues as to what might have caused the issue also gratefully received.

Regards

Chris

--
Chris Puttick, MIMIS