orms message

Subject: recent dissertations wrt Reputation

I'm in the process of reading this one..

Distributed Consolidation: Identity, Reputation, and the Prospects for Online
Social Interaction
Alex Rosen <alexmrosen@gmail.com>
http://dspace.nitle.org/handle/10090/5001

..it has case history analyses (eg macro-use-cases) of eBay, World of Warcraft
(WoW), and Facebook, and proposes what the author dubbed "distributed
consolidation" of identity and reputation information. While I find the
author's discussion of "reputation theory" and the case histories cogent,
detailed, and quite relevant, his "reputation consolidation" proposal is
lacking in depth and is somewhat naive, but worth reading imho.

I haven't yet read this, but it's next on the list here..

John O'Donovan, Trust in the Social Web (Applications in Recommender Systems
and Online Auctions). PhD Thesis. University College Dublin. April 2007.
University Press
http://www.johnodonovan.net/thesis.pdf

=JeffH