orms message

Subject: Minutes of 2July2008 ORMS call --corrected

Title: Minutes of 2July2008 ORMS call --corrected
Two typos have been corrected: Manny->Mani and OASS->OASIS

Date:  Wednesday, 2 July 2008
Time:  05:00pm - 06:00pm ET

Attendees
James Sargent
Mahalingam Mani
Luis Nardin
Drummond Reed Cordancer
Daniela Bourges Waldegg
Robert Daly
Anthony Nadalin
Bruce Rich
Henrik Biering
John Bradley
Paul Trevithick
Lauren Davis
Jeff Hodges
Dorothy Gellert
Frederick Hirsch
Nat Sakimura
Tatsuki Sakushima

1. Acceptance of Minutes

The minutes of the June 18th and 25th meetings as circulated on the list were accepted.

2. Status Report and Discussion on Terminology Glossary creation

Jeff: The terminology and glossary work will emerge as we talk about models going forward.

Tony: So you’re currently not worried about it?

Jeff: Not at all. I’m in research mode. This will take some time. Unless, that is, the TC decides it wants to address only a very narrow use case.

3. F2F Planning

Nat: I’ll be in the US for DIDW in September. This might be a chance for a F2F. At least for me.

Tony: Let’s put that on the list to talk about.

Nat: I’ll post some possible dates.

3. Status Report and Discussion on Use Cases

Tatsuki: I tried to make a very simple use case format on the wiki. (http://wiki.oasis-open.org/orms/UseCaseSimplified).
Five columns:
  1. Use case name
  2. Actors
  3. Scenario
  4. Reputation output
  5. Reputation input

Tony: Please look at this wiki page and start to fill in the columns. If you have suggestions as to format please send this to the list. We’ve tried to make it as simple as possible for now.

Drummond: Looks good and I suppose if you want more detail, just add a link.

Drummond: Should everyone go around and enter use cases?

Tony: Yes, would folks like to volunteer to input use cases?

Drummond: Yes, I’ll commit to contributing one by next week’s call.

Paul: I’ll add one too.

Dorothy: If I have time, I will too.

Drummond pointed out that your write access for the wiki is based on being a valid OASIS member and being a member of the ORMS TC. If you do have problems ping the OASIS webmaster.

Tony: Daniela, could you commit one?

Daniela: <garbled, but sounded like a yes>

Mani from Avaya asked if observers allowed to add to the wiki.

Tony: I think the answer is no.

Dorothy: I’m happy with the format of how we’re capturing use cases now on the wiki.

4. Status Report on a common UML tool or UML exchange format

Tony: Have folks have a chance to look at the MagicDraw tool?

Daniela: It looks quite good. I haven’t tried using its output yet.

Drummond: I’ve heard of some folks using Omnigraffle ( http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/OmniGraffle/ ) on the Mac. It can output diagrams that Visio on Windows can read.

Jeff: Yes, but I think it is only editable on Macs. I don’t know if it has any UML intelligence. I use neither Windows nor Mac. It seems to me that we should use open tools that are platform agnostic.

Tony: Do you have any suggestions?

Jeff: Yes, I think I do, I’ll have to look it up. It could be that a least common denominator tool e.g. InkScape could work.

Daniela: I’ve used InkScape. It is nice but I’ve not used it for UML. I don’t think there is a UML plugin for it.

5. Status Report on a subversion server

Tony: We talked about this on the last call. My understanding is that there is no official ASIS support. This is something that we’d have to handle ourselves.

Nat: One suggestion is that we could use SourceForge as long as the access can be properly restricted. The question is do we want to do this.

Tony: The question is whether this is allowable under OASIS. And secondly, can we set up access control. OASIS has had requests, but they’ve not done anything.

Jeff: I’m curious why we’re imagining we need a source code control system such as subversion. We’re not writing code.

Daniela: It is more just for managing documents.

Jeff: We have hundreds of documents at the SSTC in Kavi. We managed version control by simply using the IETF-defined filename convention. We do not use the revision control features of Kavi. We simply increment the version number in the document filename.

Tony: Can you describe the IETF filename convention?

Jeff: I’ll post a link to a past email where we noted the convention.

Tony: If folks look at the post and agree with it, we can close this item and move on.

6. Other Business

Tony: I want to respond to Dee about the OASIS symposium coming up. Are people going to be attending, and would they be willing to present. Dee had a post out to the TC after she talked about it. Please look at that and see if you have a desire to attend and present in conjunction with the OASIS security forum that’s going on. I believe it is on Sept 30-Oct 3rd.

Tony: Reminder: If folks could please fill in use cases in the wiki for next week, that would be good.

[Adjourn]

------ End of Forwarded Message