orms message

Subject: Reputation and Provenance Workshop

I am organizing a Reputation and Provenance Workshop for March 10/11 in Bethesda Maryland.  If you are interested in providing a 30 minute presentation and/or being a panelist, pls let me know by Feb 5.  If you want to attend but not present, pls let me know as well.

The workshop topics are:

1.  Principles, Frameworks and Emerging Standards for Reputation and Provenance
panel topic --- a survey of current initiatives and what will it take to converge on a set of standards?

2.  Technical Challenges and Approaches for Implementing Reputation and Provenance Systems
panel topic --- where can we leverage common solutions and known best practices?

3.  Initiatives for Reputation and Provenance Technologies
panel topic --- are there significant differences in the different areas of application? what's the "core" and what's the
"nice to have"?

Areas of interest regarding initiatives:
a.  Identity
b.  Software
c.  Information
d.  Products and Services

4.  Industry Issues and Requirements for Reputation and Provenance – special focus on Governance and Policy
panel topic --- can we afford to approach this from individual vertical perspectives?  where can we build
to exploit economies of scale?

Regards,
Chris Daly
Technical Competency Lead for Security - IBM Software Group
tel:  301-240-2610 t/l 372
cell: 301-524-6691
Gaithersburg, MD