orms message

Subject: RE: [orms] Aggregation of Pseudonym reputation into Real namereputation

Hello All,

I've only been observing for quite a while now as I don't have the cycles or support for the more active role I had planned but had to comment on this use case.

I think it is very important from the standpoint of avatar reputation in virtual worlds and propose adding the similar use cases below.  I also agree with Drummond in that getting all parties to trust this is an issue but see a possible solution in tying community reputations to the reputations of their members (a reputation co-signer).  At first blush this seems to have parallels in PKI.

Reputor: Any player in virtual world B, say DeepGrid
Reputee: Alice, in the role of her avatar in virtual world A, say SecondLife, and her avatar in world B

Note virtual worlds A and B are part of a virtual world community, say OpenGrid worlds.

Alice earns reputation for each of her avatars in these virtual worlds from community feedback mechanisms.  Each of these avatars could be considered a pseudonym.  Some of these worlds are competing so public knowledge of which worlds she is participating may have a negative result. Alice needs to aggregate her reputation among this subset of her pseudonyms and have that aggregated reputation feedback into each of the pseudonyms in this community of virtual worlds while keeping private the identities of the worlds she particpates in.

Reputor: Any player in virtual world A (Second Life), through virtual world A's reputation broker (Linden Labs)
Reputee: Alice, with various avatars

Virtual world A's reputation broker provides to virtual world communities and merchants an avatar reputation service which avatars can opt-in for increased access to services/communities through increased trust. To opt-in the virtual world broker requires a linking of the virtual identity to a real world identity. The broker needs to map changes in the real world identity's reputation onto the virtual world identity, and vice versa.