orms message

Subject: RE: [orms] ITU-T Panel Discussion

In 5 minutes?

-mani

From: sakimura@gmail.com [mailto:sakimura@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Nat Sakimura
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2010 1:53 AM
To: orms@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: John Bradley; Rehab Alnemr; Nat Sakimura

Here is the slide deck that I am going to use this afternoon.

Cheers,

=nat

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 9:13 PM, Rehab Alnemr <Rehab.AlNemr@hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:

Hi,

I guess the most important points are:
- The role of reputation in reducing security risks in the cloud (which is the main concern for a company when moving to the cloud).
- So, in order to ensure that the agreed requirements are continuously met during the period of a contract, the company has to invest in inspecting the service provider’s security capabilities and perform ongoing detailed audits. This can be partially done by checking on providers' reputations.
- This reputation information should include enough details (i.e. about how it is obtained, calculated and in what context) as well as being interoperable (to be understood through the cloud architecture) and that what ORMS is aiming at.

Other thoughts are:
- Security Issues and trust questions in the cloud environment include: data encryption possibility, data integrity checks, ensuring consumer’s privacy, the existence of detailed access log (trails) to the data, staff background checks, data failure and disaster management, ensuring correct working security policy, identity of who access the data and the metadata, authentication methods, intrusion detection and so on.

Hope this is useful.

Best regards,
Rehab Alnemr
Research School of Service-Oriented Systems Engineering
Chair of Internet Technologies- Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel
Tel: +49 (0) 331 5509-526
Hasso-Plattner-Institut für Softwaresystemtechnik GmbH
Prof.-Dr.-Helmert-Str. 2-3
14482 Potsdam
Germany