oslc-automation message

Subject: Groups - Event "OASIS OSLC Automation TC meeting" modified

Submitter's message
The minutes for today's meeting are in the calendar entry. Please take note of the poll for future meeting times and dates.
-- Mr. Martin Pain
Event Title: OASIS OSLC Automation TC meeting

Date: Tuesday, 01 April 2014, 10:00am to 12:00pm EDT
Location: Conference call: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-automation/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3694
Description

This is the second meeting for the OSLC Automation TC.

The main focus of this meeting will be discussing any use cases and scenarios that we want to support in OSLC Automation going forward. Please consider, in advance of the meeting, contributing the ways you use - or want to use - OSLC Automation. You can describe these on emails to the mailing list oslc-automation@lists.oasis-open.org, or contribute a document to the TC document store.

The dial-in information is here: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-automation/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3694

This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.

Agenda

Please join the chat room at the beginning of the call: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/oslc-automation

  • Look for volunteer for note taker
  • Approval of last week's minutes
  • Vote for joining OSLC Member Section closes today
  • Contributions from open-services.net OSLC Automation Working Group
  • Review of contributed scenarios
  • Call for new use cases and scenarios (See spec writers' handbook for suggested use case format)
  • Agree time and date for next meetings
  • Next meeting's agenda:
    • Look for volunteer for note taker
    • Approval of last week's minutes
    • Discussion of scenarios, with a view to move towards deciding on the ones to include in the next specification deliverable
  • Adjourn

Minutes
[15:08] Martin Pain (IBM): https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-automation/event.php?event_id=37640

[15:09] John Arwe (IBM): scribe: John Arwe

[15:09] Martin Pain (IBM): Attending:  Florian Georg (IBM)
 John Arwe (IBM)
 Martin Pain (IBM)
 Umberto Caselli(IBM)

[15:09] John Arwe (IBM): topic: Approval of last week's minutes

[15:10] Martin Pain (IBM): https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-automation/event.php?event_id=37622

[15:10] John Arwe (IBM): (URL on the calendar entry today - in future, once wiki there, link will be there as well)
[15:10] John Arwe (IBM): Minutes accepted unanimously

[15:10] John Arwe (IBM): topic: Vote for joining OSLC Member Section

[15:11] John Arwe (IBM): Reminder, voting closes today

[15:11] John Arwe (IBM): topic: Contributions from open-services.net OSLC Automation Working Group

[15:12] John Arwe (IBM): Martin has posted snapshots of current versions of specs and scenarios in doc repo.  Easier to read original URLs, but the snapshots keep clear what it is we're accepting.
[15:13] John Arwe (IBM): Unanimous agreement to accept all the contributed documents

[15:13] John Arwe (IBM): topic: Review of contributed scenarios

[15:14] John Arwe (IBM): Most of those present already familiar with them from the OSLC Automation WG.
[15:14] John Arwe (IBM): Q: for 3.0 is the intent to add new scenarios or only to refine those present?
[15:15] John Arwe (IBM): Martin: whichever the WG prefers.  if people have new ones, we'd certainly discuss them.  I personally have some that I may bring in.
[15:16] John Arwe (IBM): Florian: so we are free to submit a proposal?  and then discuss, and WG either accept or defers?
[15:16] John Arwe (IBM): Martin: yes
[15:17] John Arwe (IBM): Florian: so I'd put together what for a proposal?
[15:18] John Arwe (IBM): John: maybe we should talk about the process to bring in a new scenario, given that someone wishes to.

[15:19] Martin Pain (IBM): Core collects use cases like this https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/DelegatedUIUseCases

[15:19] John Arwe (IBM): Martin: initial discussion could be at various levels of detail.  e.g. some people like to come in with just a verbal description at first to see if others agree that it's in approximately the right area, and if the WG believes it is, then refine it.
[15:20] John Arwe (IBM): Martin: Also fine if you come in with a scenario on wiki partially/fully described, or a document with the equivalent.  Use email list or meeting to socialize it.
[15:23] John Arwe (IBM): ...assumption is that we'll be agile in our approach.  Doc store seems harder than other options, so perhaps start with wiki and/or email list.

[15:25] John Arwe (IBM): Martin: summarized the backlog from Automation 2.1
[15:26] John Arwe (IBM): ... agents/workers: less interest in OSLC WG, belief that OSLC Automation 2.0 was usable as-is.  Martin has since observed some cases where implementations wanted to intercept those comm paths to scale up/down
[15:27] John Arwe (IBM): ...core v3 alignment: most likely to matter here, since Core 3 work is happening in the Core TC.  Not sure what we have to do for that aside from saying we'll re-use it.

[15:28] Martin Pain (IBM): http://open-services.net/wiki/automation/Automation-Scenarios-V3/

[15:28] John Arwe (IBM): ...notification: certain amt of interest, but not much in the way of existing stds

[15:29] Martin Pain (IBM): https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-automation/download.php/52631/Automation%20scenarios%20backlog.zip

[15:30] John Arwe (IBM): ... OrchestrationLifecycle Workflow (sometimes called chaining): those most interested left Automation 2.0 WG

[15:30] John Arwe (IBM): topic: Call for new use cases and scenarios

[15:30] John Arwe (IBM): See https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/SpecWriterHandbook#UseCases.26Requirements for suggested use case format
[15:32] John Arwe (IBM): ...that's what Core TC is using as a format.  We could do it our own unique way, but until we have some concrete reason to differ let's be consistent with what Core is doing.  And if we do vary, we'll tell Core why that's a good thing.

[15:32] anonymous morphed into Lonnie (Sodius)

[15:34] John Arwe (IBM): topic: Agree time and date for next meetings

[15:34] John Arwe (IBM): ...and frequency
[15:36] John Arwe (IBM): Martin: propose a poll to choose day/times; will be somewhat restricted by having both Europe/Israeli and US west coast members

[15:37] Lonnie (Sodius): regrets: my Skype is acting up. Usual morning hiccups with VoIP A/V services. Will restart apps.

[15:38] John Arwe (IBM): Martin: will set up and send poll.  hoped 1 week for startup would help keep things moving.

[15:40] Lonnie (Sodius): <-- is quite slow today. Nevertheless, I now am on the chat and on audio.

[15:41] John Arwe (IBM): based on those present, unanimous consensus to meet every 2 week until we have a larger backlog.
[15:45] John Arwe (IBM): Next week's topic expected to be any scenarios proposed.
[15:46] John Arwe (IBM): Q: meeting length ... unanimous consensus to schedule for 2 hours for now, adjust later if needed

[15:47] Lonnie (Sodius): Quickly for me, my CV is at http://www.linkedin.com/in/lonnievanzandt/ I will find a paragraph to paste into this chat.

[15:48] John Arwe (IBM): Martin: time/day of next meeting will be based on the poll.
[15:48] John Arwe (IBM): no further business?
[15:48] John Arwe (IBM): adjourned

[15:49] Lonnie (Sodius)[edited]: As Chief Architect at No Magic, I was a liaison between the Customers, the Users, the Engineering Teams, the Marketing and Sales Teams, and Executive Management. With awareness of the concerns and capabilities of these communities, I foresaw and established solution strategies that assure customer satisfaction with legacy, current, and future products.

Externally, I represented NoMagic as a technology evangelist for Enterprise Architectures and for Systems Engineering using the UPDM and SysML. The primary forum for this representation is the Object Management Group where I serve as a member of the UML, SysML, and UPDM revision task force teams.

Currently, I am consulting with Sodius to assist them with their OSLC projects.

Owner: Mr. Martin Pain
Group: OASIS OSLC Lifecycle Integration for Automation (OSLC Automation) TC
Sharing: This event is shared with the OASIS Open (General Membership), and General Public groups. Public Event Link

NOTE: The best way to keep your desktop calendar updated is to subscribe to the Group calendar.

  • Learn more about subscribing here.
  • View the updated Group web calendar here.
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
X-MS-OLK-FORCEINSPECTOROPEN:TRUE
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:America/New_York
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:20001029T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=10;UNTIL=20061029T060000Z
TZNAME:EST
TZOFFSETFROM:-0400
TZOFFSETTO:-0500
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:20071104T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=1SU;BYMONTH=11
TZNAME:EST
TZOFFSETFROM:-0400
TZOFFSETTO:-0500
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:20000402T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=1SU;BYMONTH=4;UNTIL=20060402T070000Z
TZNAME:EDT
TZOFFSETFROM:-0500
TZOFFSETTO:-0400
END:DAYLIGHT
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:20070311T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=2SU;BYMONTH=3
TZNAME:EDT
TZOFFSETFROM:-0500
TZOFFSETTO:-0400
END:DAYLIGHT
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:CONFIRMED
TRANSP:OPAQUE
DTSTAMP:20140401T000000Z
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=America/New_York:20140401T100000
DTEND;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=America/New_York:20140401T120000
SEQUENCE:4
SUMMARY:OASIS OSLC Automation TC meeting
LOCATION:Conference call: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-automation/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3694
  TC.\n\n	The main focus of this meeting will be discussing
  any use cases and scenarios that we want to support in OSLC
  Automation going forward. Please consider, in advance of the
  meeting, contributing the ways you use - or want to use -
  OSLC Automation. You can describe these on emails to the
  mailing list oslc-automation@lists.oasis-open.org, or
  contribute a document to the
  https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-automation/documents.php.\n\n	The
  dial-in information is here:
  https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-automation/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3694\n\nAgenda:
  \n	Please join the chat room at the beginning of the call:
  http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/oslc-automation\n\n	\n		Look
  for volunteer for note taker\n	\n		Approval of last week's
  minutes\n	\n		Vote for joining OSLC Member Section closes
  today\n	\n		Contributions from open-services.net OSLC
  Automation Working Group\n	\n		Review of contributed
  scenarios\n	\n		Call for new use cases and scenarios (See
  https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/SpecWriterHandbook#UseCases.26Requirements
  for suggested use case format)\n	\n		Agree time and date for
  next meetings\n	\n		Next meeting's
  agenda:\n		\n			\n				Look for volunteer for note
  taker\n			\n				Approval of last week's
  minutes\n			\n				Discussion of scenarios, with a view to
  move towards deciding on the ones to include in the next
  specification deliverable\n		\n	\n	\n		Adjourn\n\nGroup:
  OASIS OSLC Lifecycle Integration for Automation (OSLC
  Automation) TC\nCreator: Mr. Martin Pain
URL:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-automation/event.php?event_id=37640
UID:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-automation/event.php?event_id=37640
BEGIN:VALARM
ACTION:DISPLAY