oslc-automation message

Subject: Re: [oslc-automation] Fw: Proposal: Link header in responses to AutomationRequest creation

+1 to the proposal to provide a solution that doesn't require query support.

I think Sam may be understating the optimization, in that not only during runtime does it save the client making the additional request but the optimization is key for time from going from no-OSLC support to an OSLC-supported solution.

Thanks,
Steve Speicher
IBM Rational Software
OSLC - Lifecycle integration inspired by the web ->
http://open-services.net

From:        Martin P Pain <martinpain@uk.ibm.com>
To:        oslc-automation@lists.oasis-open.org
Date:        12/02/2014 05:10 AM
Sent by:        <oslc-automation@lists.oasis-open.org>

Forcing OSLC Automation servers to implement a full query engine seems like too high a barrier for entry, when the standard interaction only requires the client to be able to find a result for a given request.

Please read & comment on the proposal below.

Thanks,

Martin

----- Forwarded by Martin P Pain/UK/IBM on 02/12/2014 10:09 -----