oslc-automation message

Subject: Re: [oslc-automation] Adding oslc_auto:percentage to the vocab (your opinion please)

1. +1
2. +1

Thanks, Umberto
Umberto Caselli
IBM Tivoli Workload Automation  Development
email:   umberto_caselli@it.ibm.com
phone:  ++ 39.06.5966.4427
Via Sciangai 53 - 00144 Roma
Nihil est agricultura melius,  nihil uberius
nihil dulcius, nihil homini libero dignius

From:        Martin P Pain <martinpain@uk.ibm.com>
To:        oslc-automation@lists.oasis-open.org
Date:        07/31/2015 11:27 AM
Sent by:        <oslc-automation@lists.oasis-open.org>

After talking with a member of the OSLC Configuration Management TC, we agreed that a predicate that they were intending to define in their vocabulary would be better in OSLC Automation.

They defined it as oslc_config:percentage, with a value-type of "integer", which represents the progress of a task in terms of "percentage complete".

I'd be tempted to generalise it into something like oslc_auto:progress, which is defined such that IF the value is an integer it is the "percentage complete" value, but that it can also be a resource (for future extension).

It was agreed previously that changes to the vocabulary do not require changes to the spec, so it should be an easy change to make despite the fact that work on the spec has stalled due to lack of time commitment.

So please reply with +1(yes)/0(don't care)/-1(no) (or more detailed comments) on these two points:

1.        That we add a property to represent progress to the vocabulary.
2.        That we call that property oslc_auto:progress, and allow it to be either an integer (for standardised meaning) or a resource (for implementation-specific details, or future extension).
Kind regards,

Martin Pain

Software Developer - Green Hat
Rational Test Virtualization Server, Rational Test Control Panel

Phone: +44 (0)1962 815317 | Tie-Line: 37245317
E-mail:
martinpain@uk.ibm.com
Find me on:
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=99869908 and within IBM on: IBM Connections: https://w3-connections.ibm.com/profiles/html/profileView.do?userid=12c849c0-ddd5-1030-9b5f-d70a3a891
IBM

IBM United Kingdom Limited Registered in England and Wales with number 741598 Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hants. PO6 3AU

Unless stated otherwise above:

IBM Italia S.p.A.
Sede Legale: Circonvallazione Idroscalo - 20090 Segrate (MI)
Cap. Soc. euro 347.256.998,80
C. F. e Reg. Imprese MI 01442240030 - Partita IVA 10914660153
Società con unico azionista
Società soggetta all’attività di direzione e coordinamento di International Business Machines Corporation

(Salvo che sia diversamente indicato sopra / Unless stated otherwise above)