oslc-ccm-comment message

Subject: responsdefinition to requests without configuration context information

Dear All,

based on our experience with first implementation of OSLC Configuration Management 1.0 we are missing a „definition“ to improve robustness between providers of versioned resources and consumers not knowing versions.

As defined in “OSLC Configuration Management 1.0 - OASIS Editor's Draft - 15 March 2016” the specification is a MUST for all versioned resources and service provides for such resources.

Consumers of resources are not required to implement the “OSLC Configuration Management 1.0” specification. We assume that also in future some resource consumers don’t implement “OSLC Configuration Management 1.0”.

To maximize the interoperability of OSLC tools, a robust definition is desirable. We haven’t found a description of the content a service provider gives when answering a request without configuration context information.

We propose, that

If a client request doesn’t include a configuration context the server MUST provide the content of a default configuration.

Rational: A non-configuration aware client is able to read out resources from all server independent of configuration support.

The server SHOULD provide a function to define the default configuration.

Rational: It is possible to define the configuration, data is returned by the configuration aware server to clients.

best regards

Markus Breunig

Systems Engineer

www.detectandprotect.org

Airbus Defence and Space

Airbus DS Electronics and Border Security GmbH

Registered Office: Ottobrunn

District Court of Munich HRB 219 393

Managing Directors: Thomas Müller, Peter Fieser

NOTICE: This message, together with any attachments, may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error or are not an intended recipient, you may not use, reproduce, disseminate or distribute it; do not open nor save any attachments, delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender promptly by e- mail that you have done so. Thank you.