oslc-ccm message

Subject: FYI: Announcement: PAV (Provenance, Authoring and Versioning) ontology 2.3.0

Passing this along to the OSLC CCM TC for awareness.  I have no experience with this or those who produced it.  I am in no way endorsing its usage nor any reason to not endorse it.

It is being released with the Apache 2.0 license http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

Thanks,
Steve Speicher
IBM Rational Software
OSLC - Lifecycle integration inspired by the web ->
http://open-services.net

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stian Soiland-Reyes <
soiland-reyes@cs.manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 12:05 PM
To: "
pav-ontology@googlegroups.com" <pav-ontology@googlegroups.com>, w3c semweb hcls <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>, public-lod@w3.org

I am proud to announce the release of PAV (Provenance, Authoring and
Versioning) ontology version 2.3.0.

PAV is a lightweight ontology for tracking Provenance, Authoring and
Versioning. PAV specializes the W3C provenance ontology PROV-O in
order to describe authorship, curation and digital creation of online
resources.

Version 2.3 adds further relations for versioning:
  pav:hasVersion, pav:hasCurrentVersion, pav:hasEarlierVersion

and adds subproperty mappings with:
 prov:alternateOf, prov:specializationOf, prov:generalizationOf, dct:hasVersion

Namespace / current version:

http://purl.org/pav/

OWL import 2.3:

http://purl.org/pav/2.3

Further documentation:

http://purl.org/pav/2.3/html

Cite as:

Paolo Ciccarese, Stian Soiland-Reyes, Khalid Belhajjame, Alasdair JG
Gray, Carole Goble, Tim Clark (2013): PAV ontology: provenance,
authoring and versioning. Journal of biomedical semantics 4:37.
doi:10.1186/2041-1480-4-37

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science