oslc-ccm message

Subject: Re: [oslc-ccm] Caching versioned resource when passing config context in header

Perhaps one solution to this is for the response to include a Vary=Configuration-Context header so that different configuration contexts do not use a previously cached response. If so, this might be worth mentioning in the Config Mgmt spec.

Best regards,
David.

From:        "Sarabura, Martin" <msarabura@ptc.com>
To:        "OSLC CCM TC (oslc-ccm@lists.oasis-open.org)" <oslc-ccm@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date:        2016-05-10 23:16
Sent by:        <oslc-ccm@lists.oasis-open.org>

Nick et al., I want to make sure I understand this...
https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-ccm/trunk/specs/config-mgt/config-resources.html#configcontext

If the server accepts a configuration context in the header of the request, does that mean you've broken caching? Two different requests may ask for the same resource, each with a different header context, yielding a different resource.

Also, does the spec provide a method for the client to discover which approach the service supports?

Thanks,

Dr. Martin Sarabura
R&D Fellow, PTC

Unless stated otherwise above: