oslc-ccm message

Subject: Comments on Change Management specs

Comments in this colour...

https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-ccm/trunk/specs/change-mgt/change-mgt.html

CM servers MUST provide Turtle and JSON-LD, and MAY provide RDF/XML, XML, and Atom Syndication Format XML representations.

When CM clients request:

[David]
These two sections are contradictory. For example, if a server does not support RDF/XML, then it should be acceptable for the CM server to return 406 Not Acceptable. This is standard HTTP content negotiation, so I'm not sure I understand the purpose of the bulleted section. Also, an ACcept header can specify multiple acceptable media types with weighting. So the bullet points are not necessarily mutually exclusive. A client might perform a GET with both text/turtle and application/rdf+xml being acceptable, and it's up to the server which of the two media types to provide in the response

.
2.9 Labels for Relationships

[David]
This section seems bizarre to me. We already provide a standard mechanism, resource shapes, for defining labels for links. Why invent yet another way of doing so? I thought that OSLC, in general terms, shunned the use of reification.

https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-ccm/trunk/specs/change-mgt/change-mgt-resources.html

[David]
I was expecting some for of class hierarchy, where there was a class used as the superclass that defined the common properties, and then subclasses for Defect, Enhancement etc that added their type-specific properties. The current presentation makes it difficult to check for consistency where a property is described for more than one class.

[David]
For properties like dcterms:creator, I thought we discussed this in OSLC core and decided it should mention foaf:Agent rather than foaf:Person?

[David]
The description of oslc_cm:affectsRequirement uses a full URI whereas elsewhere a QName is used. I think we should be consistent and use oslc_rm:Requirement. Same comment for oslc_cm:implementsRequirement  and oslc_cm:tracksRequirement.

[David]
The description of oslc_cm:tracksChangeSet does not specify the type of target resource. Now that we have an oslc_config:ChangeSet type, should this be mentioned for this property?

Unless stated otherwise above: