oslc-ccm message

Subject: Review notes config spec, issue 29

I’m going through the config spec and had some notes specifically related to issue 29 but also some other notes.

General notes:

1.      I really could use a diagram to illustrate how these resources are conceptually related to each other. It need not be a complete UML diagram showing all the metadata – that would be too busy. But for sure something showing the relationship between component, configuration, baseline, stream, etc.

2.      Where is the shape for config#Configuration?

3.      The oslc_config:selections property references oslc_config:ChangeSetSelections which is not specified

4.      https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-ccm/trunk/specs/config-mgt/config-resources.html#citemoperations

PUT: …. Might or might not … should be MAY …

Issue 29, https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-ccm/trunk/specs/config-mgt/config-resources.html#changesets

This issue is resolved by introducing the concept of change sets and the oslc_config:overrides property, however the verbiage could use some tightening up – along with points 2 and 3 above.

The configuration defined by a change set thus identifies both the 'before' state (the base configuration that is overridden by this change set), …

Do you really mean prov:wasDerivedFrom here? Isn’t this oslc_config:overrides?

When a change set is based on a stream (the prov:wasDerivedFrom property on an instance of an oslc_config:ChangeSet…

Providers can avoid this lack of precision by ensuring either that all changes made to a stream are either captured….

… or that the selections resource of the stream stream’s oslc_config:selections property …

The bottom half of the paragraph is OK but it is really tough to parse. I think my recommendations may be enough.

Is this normative?

Systems that allow a single change set to be applied to multiple base configurations must represent that internal change set by …

PTC Logo

Dr. Martin Sarabura
Technical Fellow, Office of the CTO

+1 519.502.4819