Subject: Re: [oslc-core] Delegate UI use cases - Chained dialogs (wizards)

Hi Ian,

That you, thank is a good question.
I have updated the wiki, but here is a copy of my answer for the mailing list archives:

   * I would expect to see a "next" button (and probably a "previous" button - although "previous" wouldn't undo any creation that was done), but in 2.0 the provider sets the button text so this would say "ok" or "select" or "create", and there would be no "previous" button.

   * If the provider already provides AutomationPlan selection on the AutomationRequest creation dialog, either the consumer app needs to know this and not include the AutomationPlan selection dialog in the wizard flow, or the AutomationPlan selection on the creation dialog needs to be suppressed (probably the former).

That is all I can think of right now.

(There's also the possibility that the consumer wants to limit the selection dialog to single-selection mode, while the provide might operate in multi-selection mode by default, but that's a separate use case that I don't care enough about to raise here.)

Martin Pain
Software Developer - Green Hat
Rational Test Virtualization Server, Rational Test Control Panel
Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration - Automation WG joint chair

E-mail: martinpain@uk.ibm.com
Find me on:
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=99869908 and within IBM on: IBM Connections: https://w3-connections.ibm.com/profiles/html/profileView.do?userid=12c849c0-ddd5-1030-9b5f-d70a3a891b7f
IBM