Subject: Proposal: Preview Sizing

Per our discussion on today's call, I propose we reuse the dialog post message sizing for UI preview in OSLC 3.0. This would enable us to specify a width for previews (not just a height). Here is how dialog resizing works:

http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OslcCoreSpecification?sortcol=table;up=#Dialog_Resizing

The post message content looks like

oslc-resize:{"oslc:hintHeight": "20em", "oslc:hintWidth": "30em"}

For context, here is OSLC 2.0 UI preview sizing:

http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OslcCoreUiPreview?sortcol=table;up=#Preview_sizing

Its message looks like

oslc-preview-height:277

The proposal then is to use the first example (oslc-resize) for *both* dialogs and UI preview. Given that the two messages have different prefixes, I don't see a problem with backwards compatibility.

(I have a separate concern about relative length units vs pixels, but I've raised it in another thread.)
--
Samuel Padgett | IBM Rational | spadgett@us.ibm.com
Eclipse Lyo: Enabling tool integration with OSLC