Subject: W3C Linked Data Platform 1.0 Candidate Recommendation Published

TC Members and others:

I don't know whether Steve Speicher, Arnaud Le Hors, John Arwe, or Ashok Malhotra would be inclined to announce an important milestone, but they deserve kudos for the CR release of Linked Data Platform 1.0 -- referenced in all the OASIS OSLC TC Charters.

More might be reported in detail by the editors (?), but I wanted to ACK this much.

I'm impressed with the recent uptake LDP is showing, for example, in the announcement that OCLC has made 197 million bibliographic work descriptions 'WorldCat Works' available as linked data.

Congrats, all!

Robin Cover
OASIS, Director of Information Services

======== Refs:

[1] W3C Invites Implementations of Linked Data Platform 1.0
(Candidate Recommendation)
http://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/3920
 * Arnaud Le Hors (Linked Data Platform (LDP) Working Group Chair)

[2] Linked Data Platform 1.0
W3C Candidate Recommendation 19 June 2014
This version: http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/CR-ldp-20140619/
Latest published version: http://www.w3.org/TR/ldp/
Latest editor's draft: http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/hg/ldp.html
Test suite: https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ldpwg/raw-file/tip/tests/ldp-testsuite.html
Implementation report: https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ldpwg/raw-file/tip/tests/reports/ldp.html
 * [Steve Speicher, Sergio Fernandez, eds]
Previous version: http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/WD-ldp-20140311/

Specification Editors:
Steve Speicher, IBM Corporation
John Arwe, IBM Corporation
Ashok Malhotra, Oracle Corporation

[3]   OCLC Releases WorldCat Works as Linked Data
https://oclc.org/news/releases/2014/201414dublin.en.html

--
Robin Cover
OASIS, Director of Information Services
Editor, Cover Pages and XML Daily Newslink
Email: robin@oasis-open.org
Staff bio: http://www.oasis-open.org/people/staff/robin-cover
Cover Pages: http://xml.coverpages.org/
Newsletter: http://xml.coverpages.org/newsletterArchive.html