Subject: Re: [oslc-core] namespaces & actions spec (was Re: [oslc-core] Agenda posted for 10-July-2014)

> From: Steve K Speicher/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
> To: oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org
> Date: 07/10/2014 09:51 AM
> Subject: [oslc-core] namespaces & actions spec (was Re: [oslc-core] Agenda
> posted for 10-July-2014)

> Sent by: <oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org>
>
> > From: Martin P Pain <martinpain@uk.ibm.com>
> > To: Steve K Speicher/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
> > Cc: oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org
> > Date: 07/10/2014 05:27 AM
> > Subject: Re: [oslc-core] Agenda posted for 10-July-2014 - namespaces &
> actions spec
> > Sent by: <oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org>
> >
> > I may or may not be able to attend today. (My apologies if I don't make
> it.)
> > If I can make it, I won't be there for all of it.
>
> Thanks for letting me know, with summer it gets tough but I want to make
> sure we keep up the heartbeat.  I also expect it to not take the full 90
> minutes.
>
> > My input:
> >
> > Namespaces: Perhaps another option is that the open-services.net Core WG
>
> > continues to maintain the OSLC vocabs, while the OASIS TCs maintain the
> > specs. Somehow the OASIS TC will have to contribute new terms back (or
> > publish them in a form that the open-services.net WG has enough rights
> > pick them up and publish them, then the OASIS spec pick up the updated
> open-
> > services.net vocab and update the specs to use it). It would be rather
> > complicated, and somewhat confusing, so probably only worth considering
> as a
> > last resort.

My apologies, seems I didn't read your note right.  This is esentially one of my proposals.  Except, OASIS (or the OSLC member section) would take over ownership of http://open-services.net/ns/* only.  I think this would work best since:
a) URLs don't have to change
b) the changes are governed by OASIS
things to work out:
a) will OASIS do this (take on a domain to maintain or would it be the member section maintaining it in some way).
b) is it technically feasible, can we reroute all other traffic without any cost or minimal (anything not /ns/*).

http://docs.oasis-open.org instead

http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/ndr/namingDirectives.html#URI-aliases

http://open-services.net

https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2014.07.10