Subject: Minutes for 21 August 2014

https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2014.08.21

Minutes
Chair
Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM)
Scribe
Ian Green (IBM)
Attendees
Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM), Ian Green (IBM), John Arwe (IBM), Martin Pain (IBM), Martin Sarabura (PTC), Sam Padgett (IBM), Steve Speicher (IBM), Nick Crossley (IBM), Jim Conallen (IBM)
Regrets
Resolutions Actions Original Chat transcript from room: oslc

2014-08-21 GMT-08:00

Introduction

[07:06] ian green: Martin Sarabura (PTC) introduces himself

Roll Call

[07:08] Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM): roll call: Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM) ian green John Arwe (IBM) Martin Pain (IBM) Martin Sarabura (PTC) Sam Padgett (IBM) Steve Speicher (IBM)

Approval of July 24 Minutes

[07:09] ian green: approval of minutes 24th July proposed by Arnaud, seconded by Steve

Unanimously approved'

Next meeting

[07:10] ian green: Next meeting Sept 4th

Resource Shapes

Arnaud describes background

[07:11] Steve Speicher (IBM): Some useful background on Shapes, Workshop -> http://www.w3.org/2012/12/rdf-val/

[07:12] Steve Speicher (IBM): Draft charter -> http://www.w3.org/2014/data-shapes/charter

[07:13] ian green: Nick Crossley joined the call

[07:13] Nick Crossley (IBM): Just joined - sorry - was held up

[07:15] ian green: Getting agreement on the data-shapes charter has required a more tech-neutral position.

[07:15] ian green: w3c is putting this charter in front of its membership, to get f/b on workgroup formation.

[07:16] ian green: first workgroup meeting will be week of 27th october (30/31st)

[07:17] ian green: Arnaud will be chair of this w3c workgroup

[07:21] ian green: Steve observes that input to mailing list thus far is vendors pushing their own technology

[07:22] ian green: We need to identify which specs. remain to be transitioned to w3c. If the w3c data-shape group produces something ill-suited for us, we can consider our options to continue using oslc resource shape.

=== Namespaces ====

[07:24] ian green: Discussion being held with OASIS staff, understanding impact of potential change & options within OASIS policies

[07:24] ian green: Steve working with Robin to understand policy and IT implications (eg finances)

[07:25] ian green: Steve tabling agenda item at OASIS steering committee meeting Sept 11th.

[07:26] ian green: Overall cost to keeping existing namespaces appears to be low.

[07:27] ian green: OASIS policy & exception mechanism appears to be unclear so decision to keep OSLC name requires some escalation within OASIS.

[07:29] ian green: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/VocabStableURINotes discusses our options.

"Improvements to specifications"

[07:31] ian green: We will discuss some of this under resource preview.

Status update

Delegated UI

[07:32] ian green: Sam would like to submit previous oslc spec (a fragment of the oslc core spec) to this TC.

[07:33] Steve Speicher (IBM): https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-core/email/archives/201408/msg00008.html

[07:33] ian green: Clarification - spec in question is delegated UI

[07:34] ian green: We want TC to agree that this is a starting point for a next rev of this spec.

[07:34] ian green: MS - what alternatives would there be?

[07:34] ian green: Steve - could be blank sheet, or some other proposal.

[07:34] ian green: Steve: no commitment, only a starting point.

[07:35] ian green: Jim Conallen joined call (are you on the call Jim?)

[07:37] Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM): Proposed: accept the open-services.net Delegated User Interface Dailogs spec (http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OslcCoreSpecification#Delegated_User_Interface_Dialogs) as a OSLC Core TC draft specification

[07:37] Steve Speicher (IBM): +1

[07:37] ian green: i support this

[07:37] ian green: +1

[07:37] Sam Padgett (IBM): +1

[07:37] Martin Pain (IBM): +1

[07:38] Nick Crossley (IBM): +1

[07:38] Martin Sarabura (PTC): +1

[07:39] Arnaud J Le Hors (IBM): Resolved: accept the open-services.net Delegated User Interface Dailogs spec (http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OslcCoreSpecification#Delegated_User_Interface_Dialogs) as a OSLC Core TC draft specification

[07:39] ian green: no objections; proposal resolved

[07:39] ian green: Sam takes the action to do the work to get this into the TC

Resource Preview

[07:39] Steve Speicher (IBM): Resource Preview change summary: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-core/email/archives/201408/msg00010.html

[07:41] ian green: Sam: Changes to the behaviour of Prefer header

[07:46] Steve Speicher (IBM): Here's the prefer example we are talking about: http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-core/specs/resource-preview.html#prefer

[07:49] ian green: John: may be some undesirable overlap with ldp filtering mechanism. John suggests an alternative using Link header which would finesse IETF registration obligations

[07:49] Sam Padgett (IBM): Prefer: return=representation; include="http://open-services.net/ns/core#Compact"

[07:56] Martin Pain (IBM): I've got to leave for OSLC Automation TC call now

[08:01] Steve Speicher (IBM): To be clear, it is the OSLC Automation WG

Configuration Management and Actions

[08:01] Nick Crossley (IBM): Quick status update from Nick: Currently updating draft Configuration Management spec to use Actions - no new feedback on that Actions spec yet. I want to complete this update to the Configuration Management draft before proceeding with the RFC for a new header (in case other issues / requirements come up during that process).

Adjourned

[08:02] ian green: closing the call
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Open Web Standards - IBM Software Group