Subject: Re: [oslc-core] Specification development using HTML (respec) tooling

Hi Lonnie,

The feedback we've received so far from the TCs has been very positive about going forward with an HTML option.  Other options exist, like Word or ODF, which TCs can decide to go that route.

I honestly don't see why people can't use any HTML authoring tool, as long as it doesn't total wreck the _javascript_ import of ReSpec or styling.

Thanks,
Steve Speicher
IBM Rational Software
OSLC - Lifecycle integration inspired by the web ->
http://open-services.net

From:        Lonnie VanZandt <lvanzandt@sodius.com>
To:        Steve K Speicher/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Cc:        OASIS OSLC Core TC Discussion List <oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date:        09/17/2014 06:49 PM

Generally, the concept (or, rather, the actual implementation) looks attractive. However, I can hear my peer Spec authors—who do not love XML and vi as much as I do—wailing and gnashing their teeth about how they would contribute content. As you surely know, many authors want to remain in Word and stream their contribution out like James Joyce into a mess of Word-formatted content. How would a team or those superhuman editors we rely on support contributions from these writers when the definitive format is ReSpec HTML5?

Is there something like a Froala / ReSpec editing environment? (http://editor.froala.com/)