Subject: Re: [oslc-core] Simple titles/names for our specs

+1, absolutely.

Bill

Bill Chown
503 913 0181

On Nov 26, 2014, at 01:40, Martin P Pain <martinpain@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

+1 for compacted form

From:        Steve K Speicher <sspeiche@us.ibm.com>
To:        "OASIS OSLC Core TC Discussion List" <oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date:        25/11/2014 18:55
Subject:        [oslc-core] Simple titles/names for our specs
Sent by:        <oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org>

I just wanted to put this out there as an approach to naming specifications, namely about including the definition of OSLC in the name.  I think this is overly verbose, confusing and really doesn't add anything.

Take for example the Link guidance work:
http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-core/supporting-docs/link-guidance.html
Title: "Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration Link Guidance 3.0"

       (I'm not picking on Ian and Jim, just using as an example)

Then take attachments work:
http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-core/specs/attachments-v3.html
Title: "OSLC Attachments 3.0"

Especially looking at them in context, it is hard to understand what linking guidance is about from the title loaded.  If someone doesn't know what OSLC is, lands on one of these docs for the first time ... there will be a chance in the intro or references to get the full definition of it.

Any disagreement with using the "compacted" form?

We don't spell out OASIS everywhere, just saying.

Thanks,
Steve Speicher
IBM Rational Software
OSLC - Lifecycle integration inspired by the web ->
http://open-services.net

Unless stated otherwise above: