Subject: Discovery of query capability (was: OSLC & LDP: Query Capabilities, Creation Factories & location of Dialogs)

http://open-services.net/ns/core#OSLCQuerySyntax>.

> or something

I'd propose using an HTTP Link header. Similar to how LDP use a Link header with rel=type for identifying that it is a container - which implies the semantics of a POST on the HTTP resource - as this is giving information on how to form GET requests. (Also means it's available in a HEAD request).

Ideally we'd use the same means of discovering that OSLC query capability/syntax is available on that resource as LDP will use to advertise its own query mechanism (once defined). I know this can't go into a spec at this stage, but if one of you who is in LDP could raise the question to get some form of consensus from that group (and, if the consensus is a Link header, then the rel URL to use) then we can follow that pattern.

Does that sound like a good idea?

Thanks,
Martin

http://example.org/ui/newDialog>;