Subject: Re: [oslc-core] Conventions around publication of "resource shapes" from TCs

+1
Arthur Ryman
Chief Data Officer
SWG | Rational
905.413.3077 (phone) | 416.939.5063 (cell)
IBM InterConnect 2015

From:   Steve K Speicher <sspeiche@us.ibm.com>
To:     "OASIS OSLC Core TC Discussion List"
<oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date:   12/16/2014 12:37 PM
Subject:        [oslc-core] Conventions around publication of "resource
shapes" from TCs
Sent by:        <oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org>

As we've covered already is the usage and handling of vocabulary (RDF
schema) to be hosted at a namespace starting with "
http://open-services.net/ns/*"; [1], we didn't conclude how shapes were to
be handled.

Shapes are different than vocabularies in that shapes may change with new
revisions of resource definitions.  Vocabularies will evolve in place.
Though they are the same in that they are both described in RDF and we'd
like a Cool URIs [2] for them.

So I propose this pattern:

        http://open-services.net/ns/<vocab short
name>/shapes/<version>/<shape-name>

For example, for Change Management 3.0 it would have:

        http://open-services.net/ns/cm/shapes/3.0/changerequest

Unless there are any objections or someone sees an adjustment we need to
make to this, I will proceed with this approach.

[1]:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-core/email/archives/201409/msg00022.html

[2]: http://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris/

Thanks,
Steve Speicher
IBM Rational Software
OSLC - Lifecycle integration inspired by the web ->
http://open-services.net