Subject: Re: [oslc-core] OSLC Core 3.0 - Overiew **PLEASE REVIEW by January 22nd**

Steve,

Look good. I like that the overview is short and to the point, and I think it's
well stated. Figure 1 really helps.

A few specific comments:

I'm not sure we ever spell out the OSLC acronym. I agree we should use
just OSLC most places, but we should define it somewhere. This seems
like a good place.

> It is recommended that OSLC MS-affiliated TC developed specifications
> depend on OSLC Core 3.0 specifications, though the real goal is to
> minimize dependencies, which may override the need to depend on OSLC
> Core 3.0 specifications.

I was a little confused by this statement. It seems to say one thing and
then something else.

> Every capability or vocabulary term should be linked back to key
> integration scenarios that motivate its need.

I agree. Should we come up with a standard way to do this? I'm not sure
how I can trace a specific capability or vocabulary term back to a
scenario today.

I think we should move the specification outline to a wiki page
specifically for spec authors.

Thanks,
--
Samuel Padgett | IBM Rational | spadgett@us.ibm.com
Eclipse Lyo: Enabling tool integration with OSLC