Subject: Re: [oslc-core] OSLC Core 3.0 - Overiew **PLEASE REVIEW by January 22nd**

Steve,

I read the draft and have some feedback. My only substantive comment is
the same point that Martin Pain made on Section 3, Vocabularies. The
sentence beginning "Domain specifications should simply be domain
vocabularies and ontologies " needs improvement. I suggest the following
rewording of the sentence:

"Domain specifications should primarily consist of domain-specific
vocabularies and resource shapes, leveraging protocol capabilities defined
by W3C LDP. "

I also noted the following minor grammatical issues:

2.1 Deprecated terms
Current: "there was terminology used based that may longer be relevant"
Suggestion: "|terminology was used that may no longer be relevant "

3. Goals/Motivation
Scenario-driven
Current: "These are important not only for knowing the correct
specification content"
Suggestion: "These are important not only for knowing that the correct
specification content "

Loose-coupling
Current: "As a result, clients should be unaffected by any server
application software or data model changes."
Suggestion: "As a result, clients should be unaffected by any server
application software or data model implementation changes."

Capabilities
Current: "Capabilities should be defined as independent as possible."
Suggestion: "Capabilities should be defined to be as independent as
possible. "

4. Architecture
Current: "...delete resources: which HTTP is the foundation for this [
HTTP11]. "
Suggestion: "...delete resources: HTTP [HTTP11] is the foundation for
this"

Current: "...web-scale data model: which Resource Description Framework
(RDF) [rdf11-concepts] is the foundation for this. "
Suggestion: "...web-scale data model: Resource Description Framework (RDF)
[rdf11-concepts] is the foundation for this. "
Arthur Ryman, PhD
Distinguished Engineer | Master Inventor | Academy of Technology
Chief Data Officer, Application Platform
IBM Systems | Middleware
905.413.3077 (phone) | 416.939.5063 (cell)
IBM InterConnect 2015