Subject: Re: [oslc-core] Prefill selection dialog on delegated dialogs

Hey, Martin. Sorry for not getting back sooner. I agree this makes sense and probably can be generalized without too much effort. Were you thinking that the selection dialog would offer a resource shape describing what to POST?
--
Samuel Padgett | IBM Rational | spadgett@us.ibm.com
Eclipse Lyo: Enabling tool integration with OSLC

Inactive hide details for "Sarabura, Martin" ---02/27/2015 02:34:06 PM---Sam, just wondering whether you had considered the pos"Sarabura, Martin" ---02/27/2015 02:34:06 PM---Sam, just wondering whether you had considered the possibility of pre-filling the selection dialog (

"Sarabura, Martin" <msarabura@ptc.com>

"oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org" <oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org>

02/27/2015 02:34 PM

[oslc-core] Prefill selection dialog on delegated dialogs

    Sent by:

<oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org>

Sam, just wondering whether you had considered the possibility of pre-filling the selection dialog (section 6.4)? One possible use would be for the client to give the server a "most recently used documents" list so the server could list those items first on the selection dialog. Another scenario could be to constrain the list of documents to only those documents currently being used by the project.

I figure prefill is a MAY feature anyway so no harm, and it will improve the UI in some scenarios. Other than more inclusive wording (in sections 3, 5.3, 6.4.1, 6.4.4) I don't believe any further verbiage is required.

Martin Sarabura
R&D Fellow, PTC