Subject: RE: [oslc-core] OSLC Core in whole and in part

I've found the diagram in the overview section of this document to be helpful:

http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/OslcCoreSpecification

We may wish to include something similar in the OASIS docs - I don't recall seeing that anywhere in OASIS anyway.

The spec doesn't technical require that you expose any resources beyond Service Provider Catalog and Service Provider, though of course there's not much use if indeed you have no other resources. Once you decide to expose other resources then you must comply with the other core specs such as preview, delegated dialogs, attachments and actions depending on whether those resources support those behaviors.

The core document http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-core/specs/oslc-core-v3.html

also has a nice dependence diagram in the introduction which shows that conformance to OASIS OSLC requires conformance to LDP.

Sort of a different angle to your original question, Jim, but I think it's worth discussing regardless.

Martin Sarabura

R&D Fellow, PTC