Subject: RE: [oslc-core] OSLC Resource Preview 3.0

Jim, my thoughts...

3. Makes sense to me that since Compact resources are resources, I believe they SHOULD also support OPTIONS in this context.

4. The first part of 6.5.1 says "When displaying a preview inside another HTML presentation..." so I think the wording is fine. It has no opinion when the preview is being displayed in a different container.

From: oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Jim Amsden
Sent: April-28-15 10:13 AM
To: OASIS OSLC Core TC Discussion List
Subject: [oslc-core] OSLC Resource Preview 3.0

Here's my review notes on resource-preview.html... There are some other minor wording edits in the attached document. After review and discussion on the items below, I'll make any final changes and check the document in.

1. Small and/or large, section 5 - indicated both are possible

2. Section 5.1: HEAD or OPTIONS for Compact resource, see section 6.1.2

3. 6.1.2 resources that support Preview, but also compact resources (through which one would discover the preview URL) should also support OPTIONS?

4. 6.5 Previews - there are tightly coupled to HTML5 and iframe. Is it necessary to specify these as must for the client? Could clients display the HTML some other way, say an app that isn’t a browser?

Jim Amsden, Senior Technical Staff Member
OSLC and Linked Lifecycle Data
919-525-6575