Subject: Re: [oslc-core] Resource Preview Proposal

In general I'm happy to go this way, but I do (as always) have some more thoughts. Apologies if I'm just nit-picking.

"deprecated":
What does it mean in this context to mark things as "deprecated" if we've said that we never want to break backwards compatibility? It seems to mean something that we would remove if we could but we've said we're not going to.

1. Preview discovery:

a. Can I suggest that we change the rel from "...#Compact" to be "...#compact" (lower-case "c"). It seems wrong to use something that looks like a class name as a rel value. Following the convention for triple predicates of a lower-case initial seems more fitting.

b. Saying "servers MUST honour" a Prefer header seems to go against the meaning of "Prefer" (e.g. vs "Expect" - although I don't know much about that header and I'm not suggesting we use it). Does LDP require servers to honour any prefer headers that it specifies?

Martin Pain
Software Developer - Green Hat
Rational Test Virtualization Server, Rational Test Control Panel

Phone: +44 (0)1962 815317 | Tie-Line: 37245317
E-mail:
martinpain@uk.ibm.com
Find me on:
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=99869908 and within IBM on: IBM Connections: https://w3-connections.ibm.com/profiles/html/profileView.do?userid=12c849c0-ddd5-1030-9b5f-d70a3a891
IBM

IBM United Kingdom Limited Registered in England and Wales with number 741598 Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hants. PO6 3AU