Subject: Re: [oslc-core] Use of HTTP response headers

I think the idea was not to put in extra headers that are unlikely to be used by clients. If it's a choice between header or body, then I don't think it's saying put it in the body. But before putting in a header consider whether it needs to be there at all.

However, I'm not sure it's worth saying that at all.

(Perhaps one way of applying that would be: if there are some headers that will be used by a few but not many clients, then they should not be returned by default but only if requested through a "Prefer" header preference).

Kind regards,

Martin Pain
Software Developer - Green Hat
Rational Test Virtualization Server, Rational Test Control Panel

Phone: +44 (0)1962 815317 | Tie-Line: 37245317
E-mail:
martinpain@uk.ibm.com
Find me on:
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=99869908 and within IBM on: IBM Connections: https://w3-connections.ibm.com/profiles/html/profileView.do?userid=12c849c0-ddd5-1030-9b5f-d70a3a891
IBM

IBM United Kingdom Limited Registered in England and Wales with number 741598 Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hants. PO6 3AU