Subject: Re: [oslc-core] Discovery scenarios (LDPCs)

I've added the examples to this page, and finished the walk-through of how servers think about discovery:
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Discovery/Scenarios#How_servers_think_about_discovery

Ideally this would also then need to look at how clients consume those examples, to validate that they are useful, and what if any value there is in using LDP at each layer.

However, I have just realised that my examples are not compatible with OSLC v2, as I've made the oslc:Service resources separate resources with their own URIs, whereas the v2 spec requires them to be "Local Resources" (for which it says "i.e. blank nodes", but I think the intention was to allow hash URIs as well - but I may be wrong). But I don't have time to correct this now.

I any case, it would be good if you could all have a look at the "How servers think about discovery" half of that page before the meeting tomorrow (although I admit it's not easy to scan - sorry). I suggest we walk through this page at that meeting to bring us to a decision on whether we use LDPCs in discovery or not.

Martin Pain
Software Developer - Green Hat
Rational Test Virtualization Server, Rational Test Control Panel

E-mail: martinpain@uk.ibm.com
Find me on:
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=99869908 and within IBM on: IBM Connections: https://w3-connections.ibm.com/profiles/html/profileView.do?userid=12c849c0-ddd5-1030-9b5f-d70a3a891
IBM

IBM United Kingdom Limited Registered in England and Wales with number 741598 Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hants. PO6 3AU